Early life nutrition
We’re FrieslandCampina Ingredients, a global leader in proteins and prebiotics, addressing the growing need for innovative nutritional solutions to the world’s health and well-being challenges. Our drive is to get the right ingredients to you so you can create highly nutritious, sustainable applications for consumers with special dietary needs and preferences. So, they can get the most out of life, always.
Why partner with us?
With over 100 years of experience in dairy proteins and 60 years in prebiotics, you can trust our established expertise. Our team of experts will work with you to co-create highly nutritious, efficacious and sustainable solutions and launch them quicker and with more impact in the market. So, why partner with us?
- Make an impact where it matters most. People’s health is at the heart of everything we do – so it’s important we have a deep understanding of global consumer needs. That’s why we invest in ongoing research into what’s driving people’s personal and family health decisions, ensuring your products make an impact that help people get the most out of life, always.
- Build consumer trust with products that people will love. Consumers are looking for efficacy and quality. We have more than 100 years of experience in proteins and our prebiotic portfolio is among the most researched in the world, meaning you can create products consumers both love and trust.
- Meet the highest nutritional and regulatory requirements. Our application and production expertise leverages the latest technology and scientific advancements across every step of our supply chain. The result? Your product meets the highest standards, in every sense.
- Collaborate with the industry’s best experts. Collaboration is in our DNA – as part of a dairy co-operative, we know the strength of working together. That’s why our cross-disciplined team works closely with you and industry experts to provide the highest quality ingredients.
- Make sustainability progress at scale. We minimise our own environmental impact, from farm to factory, to help you accelerate your own sustainability progress with certified programmes and low-carbon solutions.
Our passionate experts
We’re made up of a team of over 1,700 dedicated specialists from around the world. As a global and inclusive employer, our team is made up of hundreds of backgrounds, experiences, skill sets and personalities – but we’re all united by a passion for addressing the world’s health and well-being challenges.
Join the team
We provide an exceptional workplace that will support and encourage you to make a real difference in people’s lives. We believe that when people can be their true selves at work, it leads to a thriving team. That’s why we’re fully dedicated to embracing diversity and inclusion, investing in personal development and using innovative technologies to ensure that everyone feels safe and happy in their workplace. Because together, we achieve more. If you want to make a difference at a company with big ambitions, check out our open vacancies.
Together, our production and application teams ensure our ingredients meet the highest standards of nutritional quality and functional properties, produced with a minimised environmental impact. Discover more about our locations and teams below.
Our central and regional sales offices
We have experts all around the world who are ready to help you bring your next nutritional innovation to life. Get in touch with our experienced team in your market below.
Research & Development Centre, Wageningen
Our team of R&D experts are based in Wageningen, The Netherlands – also known as the ‘food tech valley’. As part of FrieslandCampina’s R&D organisation – which has 650 employees of 30 nationalities and three in-house professors specialising in mucosal immunity, food processing technology and dairy science & technology – we’re passionate about accelerating innovation and pushing the boundaries of nutrition. We have a fully equipped dairy application laboratory and pilot factory to support customers that are looking for a wide range of applications.
Our Veghel facility has been processing milk since 1926 and today is one of largest dairy processing factories in the world. Plus, with a history of over 50 years, Veghel is the largest producer of caseinates worldwide. Thanks to our extensive expertise, our state-of-the-art lactoferrin facility, and our distinctive technologies – including one of the biggest ultra-filtration installations for whey protein concentrates – Veghel produces the highest quality ingredients at scale for differentiating your nutritional products.
We have been manufacturing galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) at Borculo since 1998 and the facility remains a leading global producer of lactose and its derivates. The unique processing facilities at Borculo include large-scale processes based on enzymatic conversion and chromatography. Since 2019, Borculo has been the home of an innovative filtration plant for our differentiating NutriWhey™ whey protein isolates, Vivinal® whey protein isolates and Vivinal® MFGM.
We have been processing dairy at Bedum since 1921 and the site has specialised in the production of high-end Deminal® 90 as well as organic Deminal® 90, made from fresh cheese whey, since 1978.
Workum was founded in 1900 and remains a core processing powerhouse. With its flexible ultra-filtration technology, it produces a broad range of whey protein concentrates as well as dry blends for early life nutrition, directly derived from fresh cheese whey.
Our team in Delhi, New York, has more than 25 years of experience in high quality protein hydrolysates for early life nutrition, culture media and biopharma applications.
Our guiding principles
Improving consumer health is what matters most to us; it’s our collective why. Everything we do benefits the people who need our nutrition. This means creating the best ingredients, to the strictest quality standards, to help you develop the nutritional products that people need and want – all with a minimal impact on the environment.
Through our dairy heritage and spirit of innovation, we focus on four key health benefit areas where we can have the biggest impact on people’s lives; gut health, immune health, brain health, and muscle and mobility.
Want to know more?
We have decades of expertise in delivering high quality ingredients that help people live their lives to the full. Want to know more about how we can collaborate with you to accelerate innovation and push the boundaries of nutrition? Speak to our experts today.
"*" indicates required fields
"*" indicates required fields
Please wait, the form is being loaded...